Stagebox Code of Conduct
Effective September 1st 2018 Onwards.
Previous version available upon request.
Please read in full and sign in agreement to our code of conduct.
All pupils and parents/guardians must adhere to this at all times.
This code of conduct acts as your contract with Stagebox throughout the time your child is a member of Stagebox.
T: 020 7305 7457 / 07872 575 895
1.0 Stagebox Uniform
- Stagebox uniform is compulsory and must be worn at all times
- Failure to wear uniform as outlined in offer emails may lead to non-admittance to class
- No jewellery/watches may be worn for class. This includes earrings.
- Hair must be neat and off the face for all pupils
- Please note that we do not handle anything uniform related directly. All uniform is handled by our uniform supplier. Up to date contact details can be found on Parentbox
2.0. Attendance and Punctuality
- All Elite Team members are expected to attend the 5 weeks of training per year as well as weekly One Stop Box sessions as per the conditions of offer. City Swaps must be requested if a child is unable to attend a training week so as to ensure optimum attendance and progression
- All Leeds and Manchester Development Programme members are expected to attend weekly One Stop Box training sessions
- All London Development Programme members are expected to attend the 5 weeks of training per year
- Any non-attendance will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances and must be cleared with Stagebox HQ in advance.
- Pre-planned absence is only authorised once confirmed via emailed correspondence from head office. This is to ensure high quality training and excellence within the company
- City swaps – City swap requests must be made upon accepting your child’s place for the next 12 months. Requests made after this will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. This is to ensure high quality of training and commitment. City swaps are available to all Elite Team children for holiday training.
Unexpected absence (e.g. due to illness/exceptional circumstances) must be advised via email on email@example.com
- Similarly, if you are running late please also inform us of this via email.
- All pupils are expected to be ready to start 10 minutes before class commences.
3.0. Child Protection
- Our full and up to date Child Protection Policy can be viewed via ParentBox at any time
- Social media activity – This is closely monitored by the Stagebox Team. Any material found on any social networking site that could contravene our Child Protection Policy or be viewed as damaging the safety of any Stagebox child or the reputation of Stagebox (including photographs/videos etc) will be dealt with very seriously.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that the Stagebox team are aware of any child protection requirements or court orders regarding their child. All disclosures are confidential and allow the team to appropriately care for and protect your child and others
- Children must be escorted in and out of the venue by an adult over the age of 18 and must not be left by parents/guardians without being formally signed into the care of Stagebox staff.
- Similarly no children will be signed out until a member of Stagebox HQ has confirmed that they have been signed into the care of the relevant responsible adult over the age of 18.
- All pupils under the age of 16 years old must be signed in and out by an adult over the age of 18. There are no exceptions to this
- Children 16 years old and over can sign in and out without a guardian
- Because all Stageboxers are in Stagebox care as school/college age ‘children’ no Stagebox child can be signed in or out by another Stagebox child, regardless of age
- We have no tolerance towards any form of bullying. Pupils are expected to behave in a polite manner to staff and fellow team members and be respectful and kind to each other.
- We do not condone negative or aggressive behaviour from parents toward staff or toward children in our care. Any incident whereby a parent is found to be contravening this will result in their child being asked to leave the programme with immediate effect.
- Any illness/injury occurring whilst in Stagebox care must be reported to the workshop leader immediately at the time so they can ensure health and safety. If unwell or injured it is the child’s responsibility to seek help from one of the members of staff.
- Any pre-existing illness or injury must be reported to the workshop leader prior to a child taking part in training. All disclosures are confidential and allow the team to appropriately care for and protect your child and others
- For health and safety reasons, whilst a child is in Stagebox care, it is your responsibility to ensure that you or another responsible adult (over the age of 18) as determined by you, is available to collect your child within 30 minutes of being notified of an emergency.
- For health and safety reasons, parents must advise of any differing emergency contact number whilst a child is in Stagebox care. This is crucial so that we are able to contact you in any emergency.
- Parents must advise of any changes to the telephone numbers/email addresses kept on file.
- Stagebox staff should be contacted during office hours unless essential, such as a child is in professional work out of usual office hours. Our primary general contact details are detailed at the top of this document and are continually kept up to date via ParentBox.
- Parents and children will not contact Freelance Staff or Stagebox HQ staff on personal communication either via social media, email or phone. This is for the protection of staff and children.
- For all matters relating to Stagebox Management clients please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all Accounting matters please email: email@example.com
5.0 Fees/Notice Period
- All payment of fees (whether paid via a monthly plan or in lump sum) must be paid by the allocated date. Failure to do so will lead to a 5% surcharge being added and thereafter a further 5% for every month the fees remain unpaid.
- Refunds cannot be made where a child is unable to attend, unless a child is in professional work through Stagebox Management as detailed within their Stagebox Management contract or there exceptional circumstances approved by the Directors.
- Refunds will be made where a contract is over 6 months.
- By securing your child’s place with Stagebox for the next 12 months, you agree to commit to a full 12 months, September to August inclusive. We cap our numbers to ensure a personalised service and we must therefore ask for this 12 month sign up to ensure high quality and commitment from every member.
- Discontinuing training during the 12 month period will incur a charge for the remainder of the 12 month period.
- Annual review process – All children’s places will be reviewed on an annual basis. Our review process is based on three factors alone: attitude (both of parent and child), attendance and commitment. We feel that these three components are the most important aspects at the heart of what we do. Parents will receive emailed communication confirming their child’s offer for the following year prior to the summer audition season commencing.
- Parents must return a completed Code of Conduct form in order to secure their child’s place.
I UNDERSTAND THAT FEES SHOULD BE PAID ON 1ST OF EACH MONTH VIA GOCARDLESS/BACS WHERE LUMP SUM PAYMENT OPTIONS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.
I AGREE FOR MY CHILD TO BE VIDEOED AND PHOTOGRAPHED FOR STAGEBOX USAGE.
I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM MAKING A 12 MONTH COMMITMENT.
I confirm that the information supplied in my child’s sign up is accurate.
Upon signing this Code of Conduct, I confirm that I have read and fully understand all of detail within the Code of Conduct.